Thursday, October 29, 2009

oh the weather outside is frightful, but these sites are sure delightful

I have a love/hate relationship with Denver weather.  Love the fact that we get 300 days of sunshine; hate the fact that snow storms, in October nonetheless, covers us with anywhere from 4 - 14 feet of snow.  And my Mini, my poor Mini, just can't get past all this snow.  Granted our snow storms have been few and far between and by tomorrow, the sun will bless us with her warmth and melt all this snow away.

I made a valiant effort shoveling my driveway and trying to get my car to move, even just a few feet.  That was a major fail.  I was literally stuck in my car - high-centered with the driver's side door frozen shut. So instead of putting anymore wasted efforts into shoveling, I am putting my effort into something more productive.  Hence, the update.





First off, a delicious breakfast: Tomato with poached egg, smoked gouda, topped with arugula on a sourdough muffin.



And then to some web-surfing and came across these cool finds.  I am a sucker for packaging and catchy graphics.  Like a fly, I'm attracted to pretty, bright colors, bright lights, so... bright....


Changethethought is an awesome site for design and creative inspiration.



Idea journal with grids + lines @ Doane Paper

I want this lamp in a bad way...



Another great site is LikeCOOL that features funky, whimsical, unique products, designs, gadgets, etc.  I can spend hours on this site. Check out these paper shoes which are pretty bad ass, if you ask me.




And these moustache mugs by Peter Ibruegger.  I prefer the handlebars myself.





And how fresh are these iPod Boombox?! True retro ghetto blaster style, indeed.



And that's all the time I have for now.  I hear a conglomeration of men outside... time to bat my lashes and ask them nicely to shovel my car out of the snow.

Stay warm, all.


No comments:

Post a Comment