Saturday, October 17, 2009

TAXI to Fashion :: Fall Fashion Market 2009

I found out about this event through the designer/founder of Buckley Omega who I also happen to work with.  I ran into him by the watercooler at work (how cliche) and sparked a conversation about his clothing line and past/upcoming shows.  I'm glad I did because not only did I get to finally see his apparel line, I also discovered new local clothing and jewelry designers.  I also got to meet Brandi Shigley, founder of Fashion Denver, a network for Denver local designers and an outlet for people to share their passion for fashion here in our very own Mile High City. Meeting Brandi was another burst of inspiration, in addition to all the talent I saw at the exhibit. 

I met Cindalena, a young jewelry designer who showcased her collection of fashionable jewelry. Such an attention to the finest detail with intricate lines and shapes in her designs.  I fell in love with this piece, Key to Happiness, but couldn't purchase it because of the silver necklace.  I am allergic to silver with nickel content so she agreed to work with me on various strand options.  I can't wait to see what she puts together!






Omerica Organic, a featured designer on Fashion Denver's site, serves a worthy concept and purpose - adopting sustainability and using wood as their main material for their products.  They actually weren't at the show but I wanted to highlight some of their products since their design caught my eye - the buckles and earrings are unique and a work of art.


The posts on these earrings are nickel-free sterling... perfect for my hyper-sensitive skin!


Boombox Buckle


So if you live in Denver and wish to support local designers and young entrepreneurs, please check out their websites.  Even if you don't live in Denver, check out their site anyway and show them some love.

And then for some eye candy....




 
 



1 comment: