Sunday, November 15, 2009

easy like sunday morning

I love Sundays.  Lazy Sundays, especially.  This is the one day out of the week that I allow myself to sleep in and not feel guilty about it.  Or even if I wake up early only to take a mid-morning nap.  And out of all the days in the week, Sunday breakfast or brunch is something that I look forward to... whether it's just me, a veggie omelette and the Sunday paper or if it's with friends at one of our favorite brunch spot.


Last weekend, C and I spent a lovely Sunday at Larimer Square in Downtown Denver.  There are so many restaurants in Denver that I've yet to discover so  I've made it a mission to try new restaurants and find new or hidden gems around town.  This time, we chose Bistro Vendome, a charming French bistro tucked in a courtyard off of Larimer Square.  Luckily, the weather was pleasant enough to grab a cozy table out on their patio.  Definitely a restaurant I'd recommend and would love to soon go back for dinner. 

 My ideal Sunday, in photos...


Patio seating... perfect for people watching



:: Bistro Vendome : Larimer Square ::






 

 

 

  
Quiche with egg custard, black truffles, smoked ham and wild mushrooms with Spinach salad tossed in a bacon vinaigrette.
C's Croque Madame was also amazing but I have to say that their pommes frites were to die for.



Like a kid in a candy store... Wouldn't be complete without a little bit of shopping.  




 
:: South Platte River ::




:: a beautiful Sunday in Denver ::

. . . 

 

2 comments:

  1. Never been to Denver, but I would go just for that bistro. The quiche looks incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when and if you do, I'd be more than happy to take you there! :)

    ReplyDelete