Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eurotrip :: Rome . Part I

So begins my first installment of my Eurotrip recap.

I finally had some time to go through the first 100 photos out of the 3,500+ photos I took (which I originally thought was only about 1,500).  The best way I thought to share them all is to post my faves and edited images on here and post the rest on my flickr album.

.........


After a total of about 11 hours of travel time, Dena and I finally arrived in Rome on a sunny Sunday morning.  A part of it was still so surreal as I kept telling Dena, "We're in Italy!"  As soon as I stepped out of the airport, I took in a big breath of the fresh European air and savored that moment of realization... I'm in Italy.

We stayed at a quaint bed & breakfast just walking distance from Piazza Barberini and, to find out towards the end of our Rome tour, the Spanish Steps.  The best part about staying at this B&B was the fact that they brought us breakfast every morning at 9 a.m.  A selection of croissants, spreads (fruit jams and nutella) and our choice of cappuccino and caffe de cacao.  If I could wake up to this every morning back in Denver, I would be a happy camper.



We thought it best to keep our first day relaxed since the next few days were booked for all the sightseeing we had in store.  We took a bus tour of the city to help get our bearings of where all the sights were.  First impression: I was simply amazed at the city's Roman architecture - Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Medieval.  Every building and every cobblestone road felt rich with history.  And the people, true to form, were dressed as if they had just walked out of a fashion show.  And impressively, the men looked so effortlessly put together even with just a simple sports coat, slim jeans, v-neck tee and a scarf.  I had taken so many photos of random passerby's that I felt like a paparazzo.

  

Our first dinner was spent at a restaurant in the Piazza Navona area which was, as expected, delicious.  My sweet tooth later led us to a pastry shop; one of the many we came across and stopped at during our stay in Rome.

Buen Proveco!


More of Rome: Part I can be found on my flickr album.  But for now, some images from the first day.  The day I fell in love... with Rome.



: Fontana del Tritone :


: an original Mini Me :




My next post will be of our tour of this historical area. Till then...


No comments:

Post a Comment