Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Eurotrip :: Rome . Part III: Pantheon & the Spanish Steps

We were just starting to get a taste of Rome and already, we're counting down the days till we have to leave.  So instead of taking a 1-day trip to Florence, we decided it was best to spend our third day to soaking up this fine city and seeing more of Rome.  Having my journal with me was key.  I took a moment, before I went to sleep, to record everything that I had seen, places I went and people I saw.  So quickly we forget little details that happen on a trip and I wanted to make sure not to do that.

Everywhere we went was picturesque Rome so my camera, which I've owned for no more than 2 weeks, was working overtime.  Between trying to figure out a new platform (Nikon vs Canon), how to toggle between the different settings to trying to capture moments right on the spot, I had already taken over 1,000 photos.  A handful of keepers, a number of over and underexposed photos and still a few more to go through and possibly edit.  I took an interest on taking pictures of random alleys and buildings as well as doors, windows and people.  So much so that I will have to create a separate post with nothing but that.


But for now, I share photos of the Pantheon, which is another building that amazed me.  It's a huge circular building with massive granite columns and the opening (or oculus) at the top of the dome which is the only source of interior lighting.  This huge dome is truly such an unusual design and structure, built entirely without steel reinforcing rods and by human hands.



 



 The rest of the pictures on this post and in the album linked below were taken along Piazza della Minerva, Via del Corso and Via dei Condotti, where I used a chunk of my euros on some much desired shopping.  Via dei Condotti took us to the Piazza di Spagna, better known as the Spanish Steps.



 : wine heaven :



 : these caged beauties are begging to be set free :
  
 : Spanish Steps :


And of course, we made sure to stop at Fontana di Trevi (Trevi Fountain) and threw a coin over our shoulder.  Rome, I will be back...



And for more, follow the link...

No comments:

Post a Comment