Saturday, March 27, 2010

People Watching : Rome

Aside from the abundance of sightseeing and attractions Rome had to offer, I also indulged in a little bit of people watching.  Well alright, a little might be an understatement.  I almost actually felt stalkerish but I couldn't help but admire European men and women; their fashion sense and their seemingly effortless way to look so chic and stylish.  The women had a certain panache - a "je ne sais quoi" - that exudes such an aura of confidence.  It's their attitude and the way in which they carry themselves that capitalizes so much on femininity and elegance.  I also admired the men simply for the fact that they looked so put together, no matter what sense of style they had.  Whether it be casual street wear with a jean and jacket or a classic pin-striped suit and a slim tie.  Now I could just be looking at it through different (American) eyes but whatever the case may be, it was definitely something I appreciated and admired.

The sets of photos below were taken at Piazza della Minerva, just outside of the Pantheon, where Dena and I had lunch and grabbed perfects seats for people watching.



 Her natural beauty captivated me... so much so that I took about 20 pictures of her.  
Yes, I admit; I had lady-crush on her.



This Italian woman stood there and posed for me the whole time just so I can take pictures of her.  
Loved her scarf, jacket and just overall demeanor.





I want her top, scarf and purse.

She was rockin' John Varvatos Chucks so well with that skirt and coat.

Notice the woman's coat in the middle... this print was everywhere in Europe.  
From Rome, to Greece, to Paris and Germany.

The red belt and the scarf.  All about the details.

This man was adorable.  From the way he walked to his ensemble.

I want to go to there...

Adidas and Chucks were a staple for men's footwear.

No picture's complete without the V.  They're everywhere!


This cute little boy was trying to catch my attention by playing his harmonica.  And every time I looked at him, he would hide between his father's legs.  We kept going back and forth as I tried to steal candid shots of him.  What a little flirt...






Another father-son session.  Click on the photo to enlarge.  
I'm all about the man-purse.




Along Via dei Condotti

One common theme that Dena and I noticed in all 4 countries we visited:  The men in uniform were all strikingly handsome, as if it was a prerequisite in their application.  Now it could just be our fascination for men in uniform but seriously, no matter the age or country, they all looked so suave and sharp.



More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment